Canvas photos have been gaining a lot of popularity recently! These photo canvases have been a great medium to decorate offices, homes, shops, restaur
Canvas photos have been gaining a lot of popularity recently! These photo canvases have been a great medium to decorate offices, homes, shops, restaurants, and many other places. Photo canvases are all the beautiful detailing that gives the room or wall an abstract look.
However, it is not easy to choose the perfect canvas print for us as there are too many choices available in the market. Therefore, this article will provide the necessary information to help one get the perfect photo canvas.
What is a Photo Canvas?
Photo canvas is nothing but an image printed onto a canvas. Usually made in a square or rectangular shape, photo canvases were created with the intent to reproduce paintings. Photo canvases are mostly stretched over simple frames made out of wood; however, it is also possible to encase them on custom-made visible frames.
Nobody likes bare walls, and photo canvases are perfect for adding a sense of individuality to the homes and workplaces of people. One can print any image of their choice on a photo canvas without burning a hole in their pockets. Moreover, photo canvases can be styled whichever way one wishes to style them. For instance, some might like a medium-sized canvas, while others might opt for a large canvas photo print, emphasizing the memory or message triggered by the image.
Types of Photo Canvases
Generally, there are three main types of photo canvases: custom-made photo canvas, limited edition photo canvas, and stock print photo canvas. Therefore, let us take a deeper look at these types of photo canvases.
- Custom-made photo canvas: Custom-made photo canvases are made from images and photos chosen by the canvas owner. And it’s not just the photo that the owner can choose, but one can even choose the along with all additional details they want on their photo canvas. This is one of the best ways to turn personal images into an amazing work of art.
- Limited edition photo canvas: Limited edition photo canvases are usually very expensive compared to usual photo canvases. These canvases usually feature some original work done by some renowned artist that comes with a certificate as evidence of its authenticity.
- Stock print photo canvas: These are ready-made canvases that portray some kind of painting or images. Stock print photo canvases are very widely distributed and come at affordable pricing because the seller does not have to comply with the requirements of the buyer. The best of these canvases are sometimes even handed out as free photo canvas.
Perks of Owning a Photo Canvas
There are many perks of owning a photo canvas. But, unfortunately, we could accommodate just the top five benefits of this article. So without wasting further time, let us take a look at these benefits.
- Multifaceted Styling: Canvas prints are known for being enduring and ageless. This makes photo canvases the perfect fit for decor styling and photo gifts for others. The enduring quality of photo canvases makes them look great in people’s homes even when the decorating taste changes with time.
- Numerous size options: One of the best things about photo canvases is that these canvases are available in various sizes. This allows collectors to get the exact look and design they expect from a photo canvas, be it a gallery wall of different small-sized prints or a single massive-sized print. Most businesses dealing with photo canvases offer an enormous range of print sizes.
- Not a bit of glare: Photo frames with a glass or the ones printed on glossy papers look amazing when displayed in the right place. However, rooms with a lot of lighting can give the shining surface an unwanted glare or reflection. This makes it difficult for the viewer to see the picture the way it was intended. Fortunately, we have photo canvases that feature a satin-matte finish making them perfect to be displayed in a brightly lit room.
- Affordable: Photo canvases are often available at quite affordable prices. For instance, the cost of a photo on a large canvas print is much more pocket-friendly than a piece of art of a similar size. You can print your photos on canvas and get the satisfaction derived from seeing your own picture displayed on a grand scale.
- Almost all photos look good when printed on a photo canvas: One of the best perks of owning a photo canvas is that almost any picture looks good on a canvas print. Many photo art products, such as portraits, are equipped with unique characteristics that limit the type of photo that can be printed on them.
How to Evaluate the Quality of Photo Canvas?
Determining the quality of a photo canvas from a technical perspective may be difficult for an average person. However, a few points can be put to use to evaluate the quality of a photo canvas.
- Thickness: The thickness of a photo canvas is measured using the GSM unit. However, a canvas with a good thickness is generally considered to be a better option for a good quality photo canvas print.
- Type of canvas: It is very important to verify the kind of canvas used for printing purposes. Asking questions about the canvas brand or the fabric used is very important for determining the quality of the canvas. We recommend that you run a background check of the brand and ensure that it is made with cotton, as cotton canvases are considered to be the best for canvas printing.
- Stretched bars: Determining the kind of bars used in the canvas is very important for ensuring the quality of the canvas. Stretched bars with a thickness of 3.2 cm are considered to be ideal. Further, it is always best to opt for kiln-dried frames so that they do not wrap after getting dried.
Now that we have a more or less idea about photo canvases, the time is right to think over all the details and make up our mind about the type of photo canvas we need. We hope that this piece of information helps people make a better and informed decision about their photo canvas. However, when choosing the perfect photo canvas, the best thing to do is to listen to our hearts and do what feels right.