For millions of telecom consumers in the country, getting a prepaid or postpaid mobile connection is a big question that they need to answer when gett
For millions of telecom consumers in the country, getting a prepaid or postpaid mobile connection is a big question that they need to answer when getting a new mobile connection. While a prepaid connection may seem like the best way for telecom customers to control their mobile expenses, the postpaid connection often comes with much more value and better benefits that more than justify their price.
If you too have been considering which plan will be a better choice for your needs, you can consider the points discussed in this blog to make the choice. Here are some of the major differences between a prepaid and a postpaid plan.
- Price vs Value – One of the things that would stand out to you just by taking a look at the prepaid and postpaid plans, is that the price of postpaid plans is much higher. With the rise of unlimited calling plans, many prepaid plans can help you get cost-effective options for your needs. The biggest difference often comes when you consider the inclusions such as data, and benefits such as OTT subscriptions and cashback. That is where the Postpaid plans really shine and can be an excellent option for those customers looking for added value for their money. The postpaid plans have also been getting cheaper which makes them a great option for customers moving from prepaid to postpaid.
- Data Rollover – Data rollover is another postpaid plan feature that helps you save a lot of money by rolling over your unused data to the next month. This way none of the data is wasted and you can save a lot of data from simply getting wasted at the end of the month. There is also no daily limit on the amount of data that you can use to make postpaid plans better in this regard.
- Family Plans – The family plan is one of the biggest reasons to switch to postpaid plans if you have family members. Through the family add-on, you can share the benefits of your postpaid plans with your family members. With this, you get a single bill for all your usage to free you from the need to pay separate bills throughout the month.
- Control on Spending – With the prepaid plans there is a possibility that you run out of talk time, or data before the end of the month. On the other hand with postpaid plans, you can choose a plan that helps you keep the expenses under the budget.
- Continuous service – The postpaid plan allows you to continue using the services without interruption even after the bill has been generated. This allows you the ease of use as you continue with the benefits of the plan without breaks. The prepaid plan services are suspended once the plan’s validity period expires. This may pose some challenges if it happens when you are traveling or if you do not have internet access to recharge your plan.
Keeping all of these factors in mind, going for a postpaid plan offers many more benefits than prepaid plans. The Airtel postpaid plans start at just INR 399 and come with a host of benefits that can provide more dependable service for everyday use. To get a new Airtel connection or to port your number to Airtel you can visit the Airtel website and get your free SIM home-delivered.